Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: " The Immaculate Cherry Bomb "

  1. #11
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome aboard farm boy!

  2. #12
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    T'anks-I was around off and on on the old board, but kinda took a hiatus from Cherie's site for awhile. I devoted quite a bit of time to Joan Marie in the last couple years. Cherie's my 3rd fav chick rocker right behind Joan and Suzi Quatro aka Leather Tuscadaro. She cracked me up on Happy Days. Wish I coulda been in CA when Cherie, Joan and Sandy got together. Some of the west coast Jetts sent me a couple good pics of Cherie on stage singing at the gig. I've got her framed right up there on the wall with JJ. Now, I need to get a couple current pics of Sandy. I'm not real exited about the other one. Mom said if ya can't say anything nice,don't say anything at all, so I won't. Have a good weekend to all the rock 'n' rollers and wishing Cherie a prosperous coming year. Now I gotta go figure out what to get for JJ's birthday at the end of the month.

  3. #13
    SCHEMESofNEON
    Guest SCHEMESofNEON's Avatar

    Post

    I got to thinking...wouldn't it be kinda cool
    if someone put together a collection of out-take demos from all the Runaways/Cherie sessions -(songs that never made it on the albums) , all the ladies collaborated with each other - so there has to be alot layin' around somewhere collecting dust?
    [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    amusicalguy
    Guest amusicalguy's Avatar

    Post

    Hey Schemes that is a fantastic idea!! There's just gotta be a lot of stuff sitting around that has never seen the light of day, and it's time to let the sun shine in!! [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner Tard's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2001
    Posts
    2,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by gus danger:

    A little known fact: I once recorded all Beatle songs with John singing lead onto cassette tapes! //oo\\ Worked for mwah!
    Later,
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a nice idea. I once helped a radio DJ organize every single Bu-tthole Surfers song alphabetically for a weekend-long marathon he was running.

  6. #16
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Kewl Reved!
    It was nice of you to pitch in and help!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #17
    HB Forum Owner Tard's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2001
    Posts
    2,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had a few limited edition compilation LP's & EP's with Bu-tthole Surfers songs the DJ hadn't heard of before. Do they even have a catalog? Local releases from Texas, like "Cottage Cheese From The Lips Of Death" or the old live video that came with a 45, little advertised releases with BS material before P2P filesharing. It was difficult organizing the music from "Hairway To Steven", as the songs were only listed as crude drawings, not by name. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

    Back on subject; anyone ever sneak a DAT into a concert? "Unofficial" concert recordings, like Grateful Dead fans? Cherie wouldn't have demo recordings, would she? Figure they would be the property of the lable, or manager.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic